I have to confess now – I am a complete almond addict. It started when I was little and my mum was making the Christmas cake. She would always have a layer of marzipan and I would steal most of it when I hoped she wasn’t looking!!!!
She then realized how much I was addicted to it so she would buy one just for me. Since then I and almonds have gone together like salt and pepper. I am allergic to all nuts apart from almonds and I would be lost without them.
- ½ tub of quark
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp sweetener
- 1 Big Pear
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp almond flavoring
- The sauce
- 1 tsp cocoa
- ½ tub quark
- 3 tbsp sweetener
- 3 tbsp fat-free natural yogurt
- Pre-heat the oven to gas mark 4
- Separate all the eggs.
- Mix the yolks with the ½ tub of quark, baking powder, almond flavoring and 4 tbsp sweetener and then whisk.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff and fluffy.
- Then fold half of the egg white into the other mixture then fold in the rest of the egg whites, and cut the pear into small pieces.
- Spread mixture onto flan dish sprayed with fry light, or lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake in oven gas mark 4 for 20mins
- Whilst the flan is baking you can start with the sauce. Mix all the ingredients for the sauce together and whisk until smooth and runny.
- When ready serve a slice of flan with some chocolate sauce.
If you have any doubts regarding this recipe, feel free to contact us here.