French puddings…..Oh, go on then! I love French food and the puddings are just the best. I had a lot of holidays growing up in France and it was like a child’s dream. You would enter a supermarket (or a hypermarket as they would call it) and then you would find 20 different varieties of the chocolate éclair. And then there was the chocolate cake and then the freezers just full to bursting with different ideas for pudding.
I was just surprised that I rarely saw a fat French person considering all this amazing food around them.
We would also have regular trips to restaurants and on top of the menu was always the super unhealthy and high-calorie Brulee. So I thought it was only fair that I created a low calorie, yet tasty version. So I added it to the menu of Prairie Kitchen and Bar.
- 250gm pack plain tofu
- 200gm frozen raspberries
- 2tbsp honey
- 2tbsp sweetener
- Place tofu in a food processor and blend to a smooth paste.
- Add frozen raspberries and golden syrup to the tofu and blend until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between four ramekin dishes.
- Sprinkle half a tablespoon of sweetener over each ramekin.
- Preheat a grill on high and place the ramekins underneath for 4-5 minutes until the sweetener bubbles and caramelizes.