Ingredients (for 2 persons)
- 150gram of your favorite dried pasta
- 150g chicken fillet, chopped bite sized
- 1 tbsp oil and a 1 tbsp melted butter
- 3 pips garlic, finely chopped
- Half an onion, chopped
- Chopped handful of parsley and spring onion
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 50g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Bring water to the boil in a large pot. Add a teaspoon of rough salt.
- When water is boiled, add the pasta and cook until al dente. Al dente is the stage of doneness whereby your pasta feels firm to the break, with your fingers. The consistency is tender but still firm to the bite. It shouldn’t be hard and should not be mushy either.
- When the pasta has reached al dente, drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- Heat a large, deep frying pan over a medium heat, add the oil, butter, chopped garlic and onion and the chopped fillet. Saute until chicken is cooked. Add salt and pepper.
- Next, return the pasta to the pan and stir very thoroughly so that it is well heated. You may add a little water to lubricate the pasta if it appears to be dry.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Lastly and very importantly, add the beaten eggs into the hot pasta, swiftly tossing everything to mix. Do not worry about raw eggs as the hot pasta will automatically warm the eggs into a creamy consistency.
- Garnish with the chopped parsley and spring onion. Serve immediately.